Are you confused by the various software and systems standards out there? Do you need a simple explanation of what is involved and why we should look at the standard? You are not alone.
Many organizations choose one or two standards and then try to figure out where to begin. The problem can arise if they choose a standard that is out of date or written for a different domain.
Others may be aware that there are standards but they simply don’t have the time to look at what has to be done. Even small companies can get started with standards compliance and it does not have to be painful. Why not automate the documentation that many regulators require?
Craobh Technology Consulting can provide you with a set of steps to create a process which will put you on the right path to automating quality checks, verification and validation in your existing processes. Take the hassle out of compliance and take the first step to reducing your workload. Email for details.
Ruth G. Lennon is an active contributor to systems and software standards. Ruth is a member of a number of working groups with the National Standards Authority Ireland Working Group (NSAI), International Organization for Standarization (ISO) and the IEEE Standards. Ruth is an editor for the TR on the State of DevOps for WG 29.
- ISO/IEC/JTC 002/SC 02 Software Engineering
- SO/IEC/JTC 002/SC 02/WG 29 Agile and DevOps
- ISO/IEC/JTC 1/SC38 Cloud Computing and Distributed Platforms
- ISO/IEC/JTC 1/SC38/WG 3 Cloud Computing Fundamentals
- ISO/IEC/JTC 1/SC38/WG 5 Data in Cloud Computing and Related Technologies
- ISO/IEC/JTC 1/SC38/AG 5 Long Term Strategy
- ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 38/CG 4 Liaison Co-ordination group for JTC 1/SC7
- ISO/IEC/JTC 1/SC 7/AHG 1 Agile and DevOps Ad hoc group
- ISO/IEC/JTC 1/AG3 Open Source Software
In the IEEE I am a member of the group that created the IEEE 2675 Standard for DevOps and the group that are updating the IEEE Configuration Management Standard.
- IEEE 2675-2021- IEEE Standard for DevOps: Building Reliable and Secure Systems Including Application Build, Package and Deployment
- IEEE 828 – IEEE Standard for Configuration Management in Systems and Software Engineering
Links to the ISO, NSAI and IEEE standards bodies can be found below.